Hot Stones Massage is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing therapeutic massages available.
The use of Hot Stones dates back over 5000 years to India, but other cultures such as Native Americans and Asians have also used heated stones as a form of massage.
Basalt (volcanic stones) are used as they are the best for retaining heat.
The therapist uses the stones as an extension of their hands, providing greater depth to the muscles.
Stones are also placed strategically upon the clients body to activate energy pathways (meridians) helping them to reconnect and rebalance. This combination of heat and depth allows the client to experience profound relaxation and to achieve a unique sense of health and wellbeing.
- Improves circulation
- Increased lymphatic drainage (toxin removal)
- Improved blood flow to tissues
- Reduced muscular tension
- Relieves aches and pains
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Produces a deep relaxation
- Helps alleviate depression
- Feel good factor can last up to several weeks after treatment