Massage helps relieve physical and emotional stress that can accompany pregnancy and the arrival of a new baby. It promotes relaxation, wellbeing and good sleep patterns.
Also, after the birth it promotes muscular healing and spinal alignment.
- Relieves normal discomforts in pregnancy; backaches, leg cramps, oedema, swollen ankles, headache.
- Alleviates muscular discomforts such as tightening, stiffness and tension, caused by softening joints, increasing weight of baby, postural changes redirecting tension to neck and shoulders and lower back.
- Increases blood circulation for mother and baby, less fatigue for mother, and more nutrients for baby.
- Helps relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes in the body.
- Releases nervous tension promoting better sleep patterns.